Monday, October 5, 2009

My last MOCA post




For my last MOCA post, I wanted to find an artist that really intrigued me. Quite honestly, there are so many, and I am thrilled that Jerry introduced the computer art site for me. Maybe I'll exhibit one of my pieces on there some day.

The artist that I chose this week is Sara G. Umemoto. Sara was born in Mexico City and currently resides in Japan. She began as an artist drawing in childhood and gradually engaging in traditional painting. Once she moved to Japan, the traditional mediums were not at her disposal so she tried her hand at computer art. Sara is a self-taught photographer and digital artist. She mainly works in Photoshop and Corel Draw. She believes that the digital realm offers the greatest possible freedom in expressing visual concepts and graphic emotions. The pieces that I have chosen to share were a couple of my favorites. I thoroughly enjoyed almost all of her portfolios, so it was a hard decision to make. The first piece is entitled "Crime Against Humanity". The second piece is entitled "Farewell". I thought that was fitting (this being our last week and almost my last MOD).
So...farewell...

3 comments:

  1. Genese,

    These really are great selections. I looked at the top photo and there is so much detail in it, especially on the shoulder of the man laying in the position of a nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful find and post, Genese. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting detail in these images. I especially like all of the different aspects found within "Crime Against Humanity."

    ReplyDelete