Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last Supper


Thomas Demuth is a 3d artist from Germany. Demuth was born 1965 near Hamburg. He uses 3d rendering software to create photo-abstract images based on polygon mesh structure. He calls his style "Polygonism". His themes range from religion to anthropology to terror in the modern world. I chose this picture and artist because this piece reminded me of the last supper. The Last Supper is a 15th century mural painting in Milan created by Leonardo da Vinci. It represents the final days of Jesus. In my opinion the television monitors represent the modern world of technology mixed with 15th century art. The picture I chose blends old imagery with new ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Good find... did you notice that the heads of the DaVinci painting are in each of the monitors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! I can't belive that you thought of this? after reading your post it does remind me of the last supper and Proffesor Jerry you are right I could see the heads of the Davinci paintings in each of the monitors. This is a very interesting work or art.

    thank you
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was amazed by the idea how a person can have a fresh perception of a well known facts, pictures, events, etc. thank you. I loved that work!

    ReplyDelete