Tuesday, August 25, 2009




Week 1 Assignment
The website for the Museum of Computer Art is fascinating to browse. (I am the typical "I don't know much about art, but I do know what I like" person. ) One artist I particularly liked is Teddynash, a German who reportedly uses Photoshop 7 and Picture It 3 (according to MOCA). Per his fotocommunity page, he also uses Vue and Apophysis, of which I have never heard. His exhibition is labeled "Photoart". Teddynash says, "Important is not perfect artworks, but expression of emotions."
The bottom picture is Teddynash's # 240. It is whimsical and really appeals to me. Above is Teddynash's # 171. It looks more like a science fiction illustration than something I would have thought one can create with a computer. I would hang this one up at work!
Lastly, I don't know what the distinction is between "photo-based" versus "photo-manipulated" (I understand the latter; that's like using Photoshop to enhance or modify existing pictures.) Are they actually the same thing?

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I love both pictures. The first picture's idea of a puppet/ puppeteer is great! The sky looks painted. It's amazing to think that these pictures can be created digitally. The latter picture is very whimsical and reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. I love the color, and the detail in the green picture is great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the terms can be interchangable...

    Nice find by the way! Yes, they are both assembled and manipulated in Photoshop by combining various elements into one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that these photos were photo shopped. Both look so clean and crisp. I agree with Genese that the second photo reminds me of a childhood story that is passed down for generations to come. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both great images. It is amazing how different types of compter programs and graphics can create such interesting works of art.

    ReplyDelete