Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week 1 Museum of Computer Art



Top image is Jason Kelly 0145jggg




Bottom Image Jason Kelly CS26jnfg

Hello everyone, I found these photos on the Museum of Art website, and it was extremely hard for me to choose 2 although this was decided as a coin toss. This artist had no information listed as to the type of software used to create his work. I can only assume that these were digitally created and enhanced.

What I really can appreciate is the clean, crisp appearance. It is almost surreal. The first photo caught my eye as it appears to be an underwater image, yet can pass for a 3D Disney film in the making. The second photo was my absolute favorite, as it appears to be a man steering a boat while the captain (up top) searches for land. While viewing this a second time, the would be captain also looks like a fish head. I was really captivated by all of this artists work. I can only hope that he will respond
to my email inquiry.

The artist, Mr. Jason Kelly extended a reply to me along with additional photos. I am attaching those as well. He uses the photoshop application and begins with an idea something as simple as the inner ear and he reshapes, adds layers, and resizes his photos. He likes manipulate the lighting and images while creating varying degrees of shading.



Thank you for lending your eyes and ears.
Dawn

2 comments: