Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 2 Oil Painting Effect




This is my attempt at this weeks assignment of transforming a photograph into an oil painting effect using Photoshop. I found the process of recording the steps to creating an oil painting and then saving them as an action allows you to convert any additional photos to oil quickly and easily using a simple shortcut. It was fun to experiment with several different photos to determine which one best represented an oil painting. I chose this photo of the Arizona desert because I felt the colors were best complemented using this effect, plus I enjoy the landscape that the desert offers. I've included the original photograph along with the oil effect to show the difference between the two.


2 comments:

  1. Super, Danielle... this is great. Thanks for posting the source image too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Danielle, I love the red rocks of Arizona...

    ReplyDelete