Saturday, August 29, 2009


Peter Mc Lane, is a Frenchman, born in Chamonix, France, in 1945. He uses the program Painter for his digital art work. He had his first digital art show in Paris in 1994. According to McLane his work is created through his imagination, no scanned images are used. McLane begins with a white screen and the use of stylus and a Wacom Tablet like a painter.
The work is entitled Normandy. There was no write up about this so I'm not sure what it is about. To me it takes me back to WWII. The ship and the plane in the image look like that time period. What does the peacock represent? I don't always need to know the story behind the image to like it.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Pam,

    I really love this photograph and the subtle hidden details at the top.

    Thank you for sharing,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree i really love this photograph and i'm very interested on knowing the history to this painting.

    thank you
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,
    I really enjoyed looking at this photograph. The techniques that are used makes it very interesting to look at. I especially like the effect of the colors running down the lower right hand corner of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this photograph reminds me Dali pictures. It does contain a lot in it. thanks for the nice photograph

    ReplyDelete