Sunday, September 13, 2009

Apophysis week 4




OK, Apophysis is awesome. It downloaded in about two seconds and is loads of fun. I spent a long time with it yesterday! Here are my two favorites from my first experiments, with a few more on fotothing but they are not as good. I call one "frog prince" (though my family calls it "evil pumpkin teacher"); the other is "starflower."
For what it may be worth (and Jerry please let me know how wrong I am on # 3) : Apophysis (1) does take longer to "think" than Photoshop so be patient (2) my scripts section saved in a totally different place than Apophysis so I had to hunt for it (apparently that can happen according to the Apophysis site) and (3) if there's a "restore" or "step backward" button, I can't find it-- so if you like something, save (render) it before you try doing something else to it (and that takes time too), because I could never get it back exactly. You can "undo" script actions but not all other modifications. However all that being said, this is really cool.

2 comments: