Friday, September 11, 2009


Cornelia Yoder is a Fractal artist. This piece I choose is from April of 2007 and is titled Will o the Wisps. I did some research on Fractal art because this is the first time I have even heard the term. I found that Fractal art is created by calculating fractal objects and representing the calculation results as still images, animations, music, or other media. I needed to go further because I still wasn’t sure what a fractal object was, so I looked that up too! A fractal is generally "a rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be split into parts, each of which is a reduced-size copy of the whole. So now I have a better understanding of the process that Cornelia goes through when she creates her art.
The image itself is beautiful and starry. It's dream like with blue, white and purple coloring. One of my favorites this week.

2 comments: