Monday, September 7, 2009

Week 3 MOCA assignment

This week I selected an Indian artist named Shilpa, who says, "I'm interested in mixed media; i.e., a combination of traditional art and digital painting. I paint on paper, scan it in Photoshop and use it in my painting. Nature is my 'GURU'. I find very interesting textures, forms, colors in nature. I always try to copy Nature."

Unfortunately, she (he?) is another artist whose works I cannot copy from the MOCA website, so I will direct you there : http://moca.virtual.museum/autogallery/autogallery_shilpa/index.asp

What I liked best about Shilpa's art is the directional lighting and intense coloring of the subjects, especially in image 5, "Morning Light", image 6, "Only Love" and image 7, "Planet Green." There are indeed many different textures in some of these works, which makes looking into them a pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. Good.. thanks for the link.... One way you can copy the image when it is potected it to do a screen capture using the print screen button on your keyboard... next open photoshop and choose file>new... then Edit>Paste... finally use the crop tool to choose just the part you want.....

    ReplyDelete