Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Week 3- Paint Machine


I love the assignment this week. It's a lot of fun. The more I explore Photoshop, the more I realize how much I have to learn, but what's more, I learn how much more I WANT to learn. The previously posted images on this topic were very inspirational to me. I love the art that was created from an image started out completely different. I created a few images that I will post on fotothing, but the one that I have chosen to share with you all is my favorite. The original image is a veggie face. The image that I created from that I call "Reminisce". The colors are vibrant (just like I like them), and it reminds me of the drawings I used to create as a child where you swirl your crayon around on the paper and color each selection in a different color. I hope you enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic piece and great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors; I could frame and hang in my kitchen! I looks like you didn't manipulate the original photo colors (as much as I did); it paid off. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the colors in this picture, and like how you named it "reminisce." It brings back memories for me of when I was in elementary school; one of my favorite projects was taking chips of crayons and putting them between two pieces of wax paper and the teacher would melt them with the heat from an iron. It would result in an interesting blend of all of the different colors. The design and swirls of color in your picture reminded me of this. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely looks like a piece of modern art that should be in any gallery - completely awesome!

    ReplyDelete