Friday, September 11, 2009

Week 3: MOCA


For week 3, I decided to post artwork created by artist Diane Vetere. A Canadian native, Vetere studied fine arts at the University of Waterloo in Ontario. She defines her fascination with producing computer generated art as an “ongoing love affair with the computer” that “allows me to see things in exciting new ways-heightening perceptions and challenging conceptions.” Vetere describes her art as a manipulation of color with an element of surprise and discovery in each piece. She began using programs such as MacPaint in the early 1980’s, and now uses Photoshop; in addition to applying a technique that involves using a flatbed scanner to create three dimensional images which she sometimes will incorporate into her work. Diane Vetere’s work appealed to me because it is mostly abstract, and reminded me of this week’s assignment involving the manipulation of ordinary photos to create a similar abstract feel.

1 comment:

  1. I love these colors displayed in her work. Reminds me of some of the eyeshadows I have on my vanity.

    ReplyDelete