Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Week 2 MOCA assignment




For Week 2 I chose at random Diane Vetere, a Canadian artist who specializes in abstract art using Photoshop, as well as developing her own technique to scan real flowers in order to create new pieces of art.
"Rose1" caught my eye because of the jewel tones, but there is a lot to look at in this picture; I found myself studying it for a while and zooming in to examine it better. There is the impression of it looking back at the viewer. It's vibrant yet soothing to me.
It simply amazes me what talented people can do with Photoshop.
"Lily4" is an example of her art using the flatbed scanning technique. Makes me think of the end of summer…oh, right… (sigh.)

2 comments:

  1. We did the scanned flowers project for digital photography 1 with Jerry. It was a lot of fun. You should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane is a friend of this class as she worked with the day students about 2 years ago via email.. I worked her ideas into one of our projects on "The Painting Machine"

    To get her Lily to look that way, she puts it in sprite (soft drink) and allows it to shrivel to that point....

    ReplyDelete