Monday, September 28, 2009

MOCA Week 5


"Untitled Series C"
The top photo caught my eye as it reminds me of an angel with bold beautiful wings



Transient Aspirations


The artist that I selected for this week is Oliver Gili who is from England. Prior to editing his work in adobe photoshop, he uses acrylic and oils to create his artwork and then scans it into his computer. He has exhibited at galleries in his hometown, as well as showing his work via projectors in local eateries, pubs and clubs. Oliver Gili states that "he draws upon the techniques of post-impressionism, the artificial realities of computer game graphics and the intensity of stained glass. Mr. Gili can also be reached via email at olivergili@bigfoot.com




2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how this artist combines the use of traditional art mediums (acrylic and oil paint) and meshes them with contemporary mediums (computer graphics) to create these beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm the artist. I'm very flattered. My email address has changed though. It's ohmyliver@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete