Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MOCA- Wk 5


Though I wanted to deviate from a fractal artist, I chose an artist who works primarily with fractals. His work, to me, is amazing. David Makin was born in England in 1962, and began working with fractals in 1999 when he started using "Fractint", an older fractal software. He got hooked to this type of art and began writing his own fractal software. Now, he uses Ultrafractal, which he writes formulas for. He uses 99% of those formulas to create his own prints. He's won multiple awards and has had sevreal published works. Most recently, David Makin has begun working with 2D and 3D IFS fractals including static art and animations. It's amazing to think that he created these pieces using the same software that we used this week.

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I had the same thought with the artist I chose this week- how they have mastered Ultra Fractal (and learned to combine it with other software) in order to create these works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job choosing this artist. I agree that this piece is just about perfect. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice comments on my work :)
    My latest work can always be seen in my gallery at DA:
    http://makinmagic.deviantart.com/

    ReplyDelete