Monday, September 21, 2009

Siegfried Schreck





















This week I chose Siegfried Schreck. He lives in Hamburg, Germany. Besides being a digital photographer, he is an artist, poet, and songwriter. He currently has a number of art exhibits throughout Germany. He uses Photoshop, Picture Publisher and other graphic programs in his digital work. His art embodies a free and generous spirit. He is quoted as saying, "I feel myself as a warrior between poetry and painting," he writes.

To me, his pictures look like modern Picassos. I really liked "Think Machine" (the picture on the right) because of the focal point in the center accentuated by the blurred background. The other photo is called "Circus" and I just really liked the use of color. I am not one for modern art and geometric shapes, but I found his art interesting.

1 comment:

  1. It is by pondering the abstract, and grappling with it yourself, that you come to have an understanding.

    ReplyDelete