Monday, September 28, 2009

MOCA Week 4


"Fix It"




"Faces"

Hello everyone, I am sorry for the absence was a little under the weather and am finally regaining my strength and energy.

The artist that I selected for Week 4 is Regina Lafay. At just the age of 19 she began to experiment with painting on top of her prints prior to discovering Adobe photoshop. Her artwork can be seen in various movies, magazines and as tattoo prints on individuals. Her artwork is a healing vessel to those who have experienced abuse or suffer from mental illness.

Additional photos of her artwork can be found on her website at www.lafay.org


3 comments:

  1. Wow, "Faces" really touched me. How many times have I gotten ready for the day, trying to mentally prepare for whoever and whatever is scheduled and how to best present myself... Nice choice, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices of Lafay's work to post as well. I especially liked "Fix It." I work with children of all different ages and this reminds me of how great it would be if the babies could just tell me what they needed when they are screaming uncontrollably so I could "fix it" whatever "it" is, and make them happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics this week. I like the image of the faceless woman. It says so much.

    ReplyDelete