Monday, September 28, 2009

MOCA Week 6


Oliver Wetter signs his art as Fantasio. He says he has painted ever since he could think. He is a 24 year old German who has explored and created in almost all medias, His digital art today is an amalgam of painting, digital illustration, 3-d modelling, photography, and typography. He thinks of his art as "all-genre." He writes, "To describe my art is something difficult, because it's a progressive development towards the perfect use of nearly every media..." He describes his style as maybe Magritte-inspired symbolism. Sixteen of his works are included in this exhibit.

2 comments:

  1. The more I read about these artists the more I see they are multi-versed in many applications and apply as needed to their art. Fewer and fewer say they are "only photoshop" or "only hand-painted". The beauty of this must be, "how can I get this effect that I have in my head... oh, let me try this software. And then add this one. That should do it." I hope I have more free time to really play on my own after this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Am I Dreaming..." is very interesting and thought provoking to me - it makes me wonder what message the artist is trying to portray through this image.

    ReplyDelete