Saturday, September 19, 2009

Week 5 - Fractals




Fractals are fun... I think I may prefer Apophysis, but once I got the hang of this I was able to do some neat designs. I ended up with about 14 different designs over the course of an afternoon and interestingly, everyone in my family liked different ones. I've posted more on Fotothing. Here are the two everyone mostly agreed upon. The dark blue is "Forbidden Forest" and the other I call "Anticipation" (since no matter what we thought it looked like, it gives the impression that more is yet to come.) I wish I could remember how I got to these designs but I was mostly clicking by instinct. I do recommend messing with the different parameter numbers- and negative numbers can do VERY interesting things.

2 comments:

  1. I just want to mention again - I really like these creations. they actully inspire me to work more on my projects. and thank you for the tip to work on parameters - i haven't had any luck with those yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The top photo reminds me of beautiful shell at the bottom of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete